Sunday 28 July 2013

Worship in His Presence

There's nothing beautiful like being in God's presence and being embraced by Him. Worship for me is moments in my life whether during church or in my room or while walking to class that I'm reminded of God's love, who He is. It's also moments where God speaks about things I have been crying out to Him about, where He reminds me of who I am and not what I think I am. Worship is where I am most intimate with God. I love that even though there may be multitudes of people its just the 4 of us. Some of you may wonder why 4 while some might have already figured it out, but anyways Worship is not meant to be restricted or limited to a place, time or anything else. Like I said, I sometimes worship God while walking to lectures, one of my mentors experienced his greatest moments of worship walking down a street where he stopped, kneeled down and just worshiped God while passersby starred. Some people worship God while doing their laundry. It really does not matter where or how you Worship Him. What I am trying to say in between the lines of everything else I have said, God wants to be part of our everyday life. A lot of people have put God on hold for Sundays, when disasters strike or when they hit the jackpot and thank God in a passing moment. It's very sad how even we as His children tend to sideline Him thinking that by seeking God in moments that seem great is much more important than those moments that seem insignificant.

Many of us are closer to our friends, families, complementary other (as I'd like to call them but in lay man terms husbands and wives) than our first love, the One who created us, who knows everything there is to know about us. We fail to see God's desire for Him to be our closest companion; the first we always think about when something happens, the first we ask advice from when we faced with difficult decisions, the first we call upon, the first we seek above everything and anyone else. He wants us to draw nearer to Him because by doing that you allow Him to be nearer to you.

I used to think that worship was singing songs and lifting my hands and crying at the thought of His greatness and love, but that's only one of the ways we can worship God amongst multiple other ways. It was when one preacher said that worship should become our lifestyles that I started thinking about what other possible ways there are but then I realised that in everything that I do, as I acknowledge God and do what ever i am doing as though I am doing it for God and not man or meditate on Him, at that very moment I am worshipping God.

I also realized that so many things hinder us from worshiping God in Spirit and in truth and with all that we are but I find the most common hindrance of our worshiping God is our fixating on everything that we have done wrong, whether years back or just the previous day. It therefore shows a misconception that needs to be destroyed, that we have to do right and be right before we can worship God truthfully. It also shows another misconception that our actions determine how and when we worship God. See worship should not be based on what we've done but on who God is and what He's done. This validates for me that worship can be a form of repentance and an aid to helping us to change our mindsets and making Christ our stronghold to help us conqueror our temptations and falling back into sin.

In closing, take time out to just reflect and meditate on God. That's worshiping Him and its in moments such as worshiping God that we find fullness of joy because in those moments, we are at his feet, in His presence.

Tshephi

No comments:

Post a Comment