Monday 15 July 2013

She Who God Created

Today while sitting and having nothing to do but think and question a lot of things like  I always do, I remembered a conversation I had with a friend about a year ago. She spoke about there being this woman she knew God created her to be but she was far from being or living out that woman that she knew God had created her to be and today for the very first time I truly understood what she meant. I sat there and got sooo overwhelmed at the fact that the person I am right now is not fully who God created her to be. It wasn't a feeling but a deeper knowing that I am living a life less than what God wants me to live. As children of God we usually claim to know who we are, but do we really? Especially us women. We think we know who we are but yet settle for less than what we ought to have which is God's best. Apart from settling for less, there's also the really awful and most times bad choices we make especially when it comes to the male species. I know we human and God created us that way but I realized that most of my life, I lived like I a beggar, a slave, and an outcast and I did not fully accept the truth which is that as part of receiving Christ, God also gave me the right to be called His and co-heir with Christ, making me royalty, a class I clearly did not deserve to be ranked in but because of His unfailing love I became. Which brings me to my next question which I have found to struggle quite a lot with; why do we tend to believe everything else and everyone else much quicker than our Creator who knows everything there is to know about us that even the people we run to don't even know, and why do we second guess what God says to us and about us in our present, past and future but yet allow our past, our mistakes and our bad choices define who we are as people? I know I'm not perfect and this blog is not about me talking about how perfect I am because then I'd be lying and the truth would not be in me, but it's about being honest and genuine about my Christian walk so as to hopefully help and encourage someone out there, its about sharing my imperfections so that Christ's perfection can be revealed as I take this journey into being the woman God created me to be; the woman who not only BELIEVES IN God but BELIEVES God and every word He says about her, the woman who always places God first above any situation, person or circumstance, the woman who loves and gives without expecting nothing in return, a woman who has her identity solidly rooted in Christ, a woman who allows God's power to be made strong in her weaknesses, a woman who does not settle but upholds her standards which is God's best and His will for her life. But to honestly become that woman, I have to learn to truly trust and Believe God and receive everything that comes with Him loving me as His daughter and that includes His disciplining, rebuking and correcting me.  I am not saying that this woman wont hit rough patches here and there because life was never meant to be easy, but having the Author of Life as its Captain will surely see her conquering the storms and seeing God's grace, mercy and love each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment