Thursday 18 July 2013

At A Cross Roads

When I was young I always wished I could be a grown up so that I didn't have to ask my aunt for snacks or juice and I could get it myself. I grew up and realized that life is actually way much more difficult than it appears. There's hectic decisions you need to make that either help or break you ultimately, there are bills that you have to pay for and can't ask mommy dearest or dad to pay for. I know I'm a student but at 21 there's certain responsibilities that as a grown up i need to start being accountable for which can prove to be quite a challenge. Now instead of wishing I was a grown up who could make and act on their decisions without consent from anyone I find myself praying to God to make decisions for me, to choose for me because some of the things we face in this life time needs wisdom beyond human understanding. But of course God can't make those choices for me, I have to decide, He can advise, guide me and show me the way, other times He may require me to use the brains He's given me to reach a decision but He'll never make a choice for me because He's such a loving and a beyond reasonable God that He gave me the gift of choosing and sometimes I wish He did not give us that gift, that He would make choices for me because sometimes you just don't know which route to take especially when it seems like both routes have something great to offer but of course there's thee one which will lead you to where God wants you to be but as always its never to easy to decipher which turn to take and most of the time such decisions are thee hardest decisions one has to make. Right now I'm stuck at a crossroads, Haven't been sleeping well for a while and I get a headache just thinking about it and so each morning I cry out to God to help me choose because its sooo difficult to reach a decision and all I get is silence. I know a lot of people say God does speak even in the silence but sometimes it would be great to hear something so clear I wouldn't have to try break it down for myself. Maybe its because I haven't heard God's voice in such a long time I eventually forgot how it sounds which is sad because as Christ's sheep I should know His voice. I've had really tough decisions to make of which some I still question whether I had made the right decision but this one, I just don't really know because there's just so many voices going on in my head that coming to a decision seems close to impossible. And so i decided to seek counsel from one of my mentors who's been such a blessing in my life and I know that she can't make that decision for me but hopefully God will speak to me through her because I've reached a point where I'm weighing my options and in me doing so I'll end up taking the route that I maybe want to take but is not necessarily the route God wants me to take. I made that mistake of making my choices that way in regards to my spiritual growth but God has constantly showed me time and time again that what I think maybe best for me is not His best for me although it maybe the best or the best for someone else.  And so I'm hoping that through this counsel from a great woman of God and a woman after God's own heart that some things may become clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment