Wednesday 31 July 2013

The Beauty of Friendship

All our lives we've had people we share almost every moment with. People that love us for all those things that say "me" and even those things about us that irritate the world out of them, but they still love you nonetheless. Don't get me wrong. I am not talking about acquaintances nor people who pretend to be your friend, I am talking about genuine real friends who tell you the truth when you dont want to hear it, friends who have your back no matter what, friends who know the deepest things about you, friends who are there for you whenever you need them, even when you dont. Friends who rock up at your place and head straight for the fridge without asking because their home is your home. Friends who not only give you advice but know when you just need to be listened to. Friends who'll never let you think less of your self but encourage you to be the best that you can be, the you God created to be.

Friends with such qualities are really rare jewels. Rare in the sense that true friends seem to have some weird compatibility even though they are different and its not with a lot of people that you find this compatibility. I never chose to be in some of my friendships, I chose to stay in those friendships because when you find a good thing (like my friendships with the friends I have now from both high school and varsity), the best thing you can do is never let go of it because finding, making or staying in really good friendships is not easy at all. As human beings , we all have dynamics that will eventually clash with other people, we have values, morals and standards that we uphold as individuals and to find other individuals who believe in what you believe is undeniably challenging to some extent. It's even much more difficult to find friends who are people after God's own heart.

I have been blessed with friends who love me for me, who genuinely care about me, who look out for me, who are not afraid to tell me the truth when i need to hear it, who are forever there for me, friends with whom i may not talk with for a while but when we meet up its like we just saw each other yesterday. Friends who have always kept it real with me, who never pretended to be perfect but have always been genuine and honest. I thank God for my friends and that He gave me friends who know Him and love Him. I have learnt a lot from my 911's (second to Christ of-course) and to all of them, Tshephi loves you to the core my homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment